The first church was documented in 898 as a parish under the domain of the Castle of Taradell. After renovations in the year 1082, it was consecrated by the Bishop of Vic, Berenguer Sunifred.
The central nave dates back to this time and was extended during the 16th and 17th centuries, when side chapels and possibly the current bell tower were added. Finally, the baroque style façade was ordered in the 18th century.
The only vestiges remaining of the Roman church are two semi-circular arches from the 12th century close to the baptism font, which are part of an old atrium or gallery.
Listed in the inventory of Catalan Architectural Heritage
Style/age: Roman, baroque. 11th and 17th centuries
UTM (ETR S89)